Harvard Health Letter

By the way, doctor: What can be done for sudden hearing loss in one ear?

My 47-year-old son suddenly lost hearing in one ear. They did some blood tests and he was given steroids and a medication called Valtrex. Now they are saying nothing can be done. Can you please address this issue?

To continue reading this article you must be registered.

Get Licensed Content to Harvard Health

If you are interested in licensing content from Harvard Health Publications, please contact us using our online form. Our licensing and business development professionals will help you leverage consumer health content from Harvard Medical School as a clear differentiator in helping achieve your business goals.

Contact Us

Customer Log In