Harvard Men's Health Watch

How should I treat canker sores?

Ask the doctor Q. I suffer from recurrent canker sores. What is the best way to treat and prevent these mouth ulcers? A. Canker sores, also known as aphthous ulcers, are small ulcers that appear on the inside of your cheeks and lips and sometimes on or under your tongue. They should not be confused with cold sores (fever blisters), which are due to a herpes simplex virus. …

To continue reading this article you must be registered.

Get Licensed Content to Harvard Health

If you are interested in licensing content from Harvard Health Publications, please contact us using our online form. Our licensing and business development professionals will help you leverage consumer health content from Harvard Medical School as a clear differentiator in helping achieve your business goals.

Contact Us

Customer Log In