Your fluid restriction may leave you thirsty or with a dry mouth from time to time. These suggestions may help you feel more comfortable:
- Rinse your mouth out with water. Spit the water out. Do not swallow.
- Chill mouthwash and gargle for a fresh feeling.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to ice cubes or crushed ice and slowly let the ice melt in your mouth. Remember, 1 cup ice cubes = ½ cup fluid.
- Suck on hard candies or mints, or chew gum. Sugar free varieties may be more thirst quenching.
- Suck on lemon or lime slices.
- Eat frozen grapes or other frozen fruit.