Makes 4 servings
- ½ pound raw baby scallops
- ½ pound baby rock shrimp
- 6 ounces lime juice (about 8 limes)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes in juice (fresh or canned with no added salt)
- ½ teaspoon diced fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
Place the lime juice in a bowl. Add the scallops and the rock shrimp to the lime juice. Toss well, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until the seafood is cooked through.
In a separate bowl combine the tomato, chopped onion, jalapeno, fresh oregano and cilantro.
Add the tomato mixture to the seafood, only after the seafood has marinated for 1 hour. Refrigerate for another hour. Serve cold.
Nutritional information per serving: 60 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 20 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 5 mg carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.